FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SINGAPORE WINE & JAZZ FESTIVAL 2010
2nd July, Friday and 3rd July, Saturday
Robertson Walk, Singapore
“Bigger, Better… Jazzier!”
SINGAPORE, 10 June 2010 – After its predecessor’s roaring success, Robertson Walk and Precious Entertainment® proudly present the second Singapore Wine & Jazz Festival 2010 (SWJF), the country’s highly anticipated, premier celebration of fine wine and great music. Formerly a one-day fête, this year’s festival runs for two days from 2 to 3 July 2010 at Robertson Walk’s Courtyard.
Inspired by the annual Los Angeles Wine and Jazz Festival, Singapore Wine & Jazz Festival 2010 offers wine lovers an exclusive two-day affair overflowing with live jazz music and a cornucopia of quality wines from different regions to taste and bring home, courtesy of participating leading wine merchants in Singapore. From 4pm to 11pm, festival ticket-holders can indulge in extensive wine tasting, plus grapes, cheese selections and special, mouthwatering menu offerings from Robertson Quay and Robertson Walk’s F&B outlets – all exclusive to this event.
Details of Event:
Venue: ROBERTSON QUAY and ROBERTSON WALK – COURTYARD , 11 Unity Street, Singapore 237995
Date: 2nd July, Friday and 3rd July, Saturday
Time: 5pm – 11pm
Ticket Price: $25 per day (includes 7% GST)
Ticket entitlement: Tasting of wines at participating wine kiosks from 4pm – 11pm.
Where to get tickets: (PRE-EVENT)
Popstars City, Robertson Walk
Call: 6836 5008
Popstars City, from 10am to 10pm. Or Festival Visitor Booth, from 2pm to 10pm (Robertson Walk Courtyard).
* A free-for-all shuttle bus going from Coleman Street beside St. Andrew’s Cathedral to Robertson Walk will be provided by SWJF, from 4:30pm-10:30pm on both festival days.
SWJF 2010: BOOSTING SINGAPORE’S TOURISM
To be held in conjunction with the closing of the Singapore Tourism Board’s much celebrated Singapore River Festival 2010 (SRF), the Singapore Wine & Jazz Festival 2010 serves as one of the SRF highlights this year and the recipient of invaluable support from STB.
With SWJF attendees ranging from locals and expatriates to families and businessmen, this signature event advances Robertson Quay’s status as a premier entertainment, wine and dine destination. It also promotes business for Robertson Quay’s wine and F&B outlets, plus Singapore’s specialty cheese and wine merchants.
SWJF 2010: THE PERFECT PLATFORM
For Wine and F&B Merchants
With the throng of cosmopolitan crowd expected to converge at this year’s two-day festival, participating wine and F&B entities, especially those nestled in Robertson Quay (the official SWJF venue), shall see a boost in business in terms of sales and publicity – as attested by last year’s festival participants and partners.
In addition to wine booths, there will be kiosks for other liquors (besides wine) and food plus a flea market in SWJF 2010.
For Jazz Music
Thanks to its triumphant 2009 debut, the Singapore Wine & Jazz Festival is fast gaining reputation as an ideal platform for:
- both established and up-and-coming local jazz musicians to promote homegrown jazz music and talents in front of a multinational audience
- international jazz artistes to build a relationship with the Singaporean music market
- Singapore to establish itself as a strong regional jazz hub where an international public can converge to celebrate a shared passion for jazz music.
SWJF 2010: AN INTERNATIONAL ENSEMBLE
The Singapore Wine & Jazz festival 2010 boasts an all-star musical lineup that consists of even more regional and international jazz luminaries than its 2009 inaugural to accompany the wine booths around Robertson Courtyard from 5pm onwards.
This year’s stellar lineup is headlined by jazz veteran Mario Serio and singer Rani Singam.
Performances are thematic. Main themes are:
- Young Jazz Players. Featuring Jazz Kids, Indonesian Youth Regeneration Project and Rafi + The Beat. Also features Jordan Wei & The Jazz Brotherhood, which include offsprings of Singapore’s famous musicians: Aaron Lee (son of Jimmy Lee and Ann Verapez) and Jordan Wei (son of Tony Wei), both from
- Ladies of Jazz. An all-girl jazz band called The Fountainheads, featuring Singapore’s best female jazz musicians: Audrey Tang (drums), Wendy Phua (bass), Sharon Nunis (piano) and Melissa Carroll (saxophone).
- Latin and Vocal Jazz. Mario Serio’s band Mocamastra. Jazz vocalists include Dawn Ho and Rani Singam.
- The Big Jam Session with Mario Serio. An exciting jazz assembly onstage featuring various jazz musicians.
- Battle of the Saxes. A show-stopping musical face-off between Singapore’s most incendiary saxophonists: veterans Teo Boon Chye and Stephen Rufus with young jazz musicians Alvin Ang (of Jordan Wei & The Jazz Brotherhood) and Dennis Junio (of Indonesian Youth Regeneration Project).
SWJF 2010: PROGRAMME
2nd July 2010, Friday
6pm-6:45pm: Young Jazz Players – Indonesian Youth Regeneration Project
7pm-7:45pm: Ladies of Jazz – The Fountainheads
8pm-8:45pm: Latin and Vocal Jazz – Mario Serio & Band with Dawn Ho
9pm-9:45pm: Battle of the Saxes with Mario Serio
3rd July, 2010, Saturday
6pm-6:55pm: Young Jazz Players – RAFI + THE BEAT (from Indonesia)
7pm-7:45pm: Singapore Young Jazz Players – Jordan Wei & The Brotherhood of Jazz
8pm-8:45pm: Latin and Vocal Jazz – Mario Serio & Band with Rani Singam
9pm-9:45pm: The Big Jam Session with Mario Serio
*Programme is accurate at time of release. Programme/artiste may be subjected to change or replacement.
About Precious Entertainment
Precious Entertainment is a multi-disciplinary talent and events company that also focuses on developing and grooming young talents, while producing quality events to showcase these talents.
Precious Entertainment conceptualized and organized the first Singapore Wine & Jazz Festival in 2009 at Robertson Walk, which was headlined by notable international jazz saxophonist Nicole Duffel, young Indonesian jazz prodigies 4th Avenue and Singapore’s premier large scale jazz ensemble, Thomson Big Band.
# # #
For more information about the content of this press release, please contact:
Joanne Leow, Managing Director
+65 6386 5008
Irene Curtis, Events Manager
+65 8261 1678